Interdisciplinary master program, with courses fully taught in English, accredited by ARACIS in the field of Sociology.
The master program is organized yearly since 2005.
This programme is organized by the UNESCO Chair in Interculturality, Good Governance and Sustainable Development (Faculty of Philosophy) in partnership with the Universities of Geneva, Fribourg, Hamburg, Dortmund, Siegen, Dijon, University of Corsica Pasquale Paoli and with the University of Applied Sciences in Hamm and Lippstadt.
Graduates of the programme are excellently prepared to develop a career in the middle- and top-management of international institutions and companies. They are suited for careers in international institutions and organizations, both public and non-governmental, where leadership and management skills are applied in multicultural environments. They can successfully work as managers of cultural organizations, diplomats, (project) managers in the fields of arts, culture and mass-media. The flexibility of the programme also allows them to apply their intercultural management skills in other areas, as the curriculum has been developed in response to the rapidly changing requirements of a complex labour market.
The main target of the UNESCO Chair has been from its very beginning to promote academic relationships within Europe and to support the transfer of Know How. The full involvement of Swiss, German and French professors, alongside the Romanian teaching staff of this Department fosters that enriching academic relationship. Furthermore, students of the Intercultural Management MA are offered study opportunities in Swiss, French and German universities or other higher education institutions.
- Cultural Management
- Artistic and Business Events Management
- Human Resource Professionals
- Project Management
- Intercultural Management and Business Consultants
- Theory of Intercultural Management / 5 ECTS
- Contemporary Social Theories / 5 ECTS
- Religion and Culture in Europe / 5 ECTS
- European Political Systems / 5 ECTS
- Cultural Capital and Creative Communication / 4 ECTS
- Cultural Diplomacy / 4 ECTS
- Ethics and Academic Integrity / 2 ECTS
- History of European Culture / 6 ECTS
- Organizations and Organizational Theory / 5 ECTS
- Anthropology of European Societes / 5 ECTS
- Phenomenology of Religion: Religious Approaches to Management / 5 ECTS
- European Cultural Legislation / 5 ECTS
- Research Seminar / 4 ECTS
- International Marketing / 5 ECTS
- International Economic Environment / 5 ECTS
- Strategic Management / 5 ECTS
- Intercultural Communication Methods / 5 ECTS
- Management of Human Resources in Multinational Companies / 5 ECTS
- Ethics, Cultures and Negotiation / 5 ECTS
- Ethics of International Relations / 5 ECTS
- Knowledge Management / 5 ECTS
- Internship: Research Activity – Elaboration of the Master Thesis / 20 ECTS
- ALTMANN Franz-Lothar, Südosteuropa-Gesellschaft (SOG), Munchen (D)
- COSTEA Miriam, Ministerul Economiei, București (RO)
- DASCĂLU Ileana, Facultatea de Filosofie, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- FOTA Anne, Fakultät III Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht, Universität Siegen, Siegen (D)
- GHEORGHE Laurențiu, Facultatea de Filosofie, Universitatea din București, Fribourg (RO)
- IFTODE Cristian, Facultatea de Filosofie, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- KORKA Mihai, Academia de Studii Economice (ASE), Bucuresti (RO)
- RUEGG François, Faculté de Lettres, Université de Fribourg, Fribourg (CH)
- RUS Remus, Facultatea de Teologie Ortodoxă, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- RYBNIKOVA Irma, Fakultät für Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Technische Universität Chemnitz, Chemnitz (D)
- ȘERBAN Oana, Facultatea de Filosofie, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- STEGER Thomas, Fakultät für Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Universität Regensburg, Regensburg (D)
- STOENESCU Constantin, Facultatea de Filosofie, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- STRAUB Thomas, Faculté d’économie et de management, Université de Genève, Genève (CH)
- ZAHARIA Daniela, Facultatea de Istorie, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- ZIMMERMANN Basile, Institut Confucius, Université de Genève, Genève (CH)
ADMISSION & ADMISSION CRITERIA
Admission takes place in July and September.
The call for applications is open to Romanian nationals – BA (or equivalent) graduates -, as well as nationals of EU, EEA member states, Swiss Confederation nationals and non EU-citizens.
Applicants with previous studies abroad will include a certificate acknowledging their studies abroad/degrees obtained abroad, issued by the specialized department of the Ministry of Education.
More information on when and how to apply http://unesco-chair.unibuc.ro/admission/
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
Proficiency in English is required for this MA