COMMUNICATION AND INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
Interdisciplinary master program, with courses fully taught in English, accredited by ARACIS in the field of Sociology.
The master program is organized yearly since 2002.
This is an interdisciplinary programme offered by the Faculty of Philosophy via the UNESCO Chair in Interculturality, Good Governance and Sustainable Development in partnership with the Universities of Fribourg, Hamburg, Dortmund, University of Corsica Pasquale Paoli and with the University of Applied Sciences in Hamm and Lippstadt. It is designed to respond to the needs of companies and organizations recruiting graduates interested in working in the communication sector in an era where the dialogue across cultures is becoming increasingly important.
The curriculum is flexible and it addresses students with interest in the Humanities and Social Sciences, but with a variety of backgrounds. It offers an excellent framework for cultural studies. The scholars lecturing in the programme are representative of diverse cultural and professional environments, which helps students increase their awareness of the intercultural nature of communication. Courses are usefully complemented by case studies, as the programme has a strong orientation towards both an academically rigorous and practically relevant learning experience for the students. The main learning outcomes achieved in the programme are refined communication skills, interpretative and diplomatic skills to be applied in various intercultural contexts and working environments.
- Public Relations
- Mass Media
- New Media
- Cultural Journalism
- Cultural Diplomacy
- International Relations
- Cultural Policy Making
- Phenomenology and ontology of European culture
- Contemporary social theories
- Religion and culture in Europe
- European political systems
- Gender studies in European cultures
- Cultural diplomacy
- History of European culture
- Organizations and organizational theory
- Anthropology of European societies
- Phenomenology of religion: Religious approaches to management
- European cultural legislation
- Research seminar
- Theory of intercultural communication
- European cultural interferences
- New media and intercultural communication
- Ethical aspects of intercultural communication
- Approach of the feminine in European cultures : Gender and intercultural communication
- Interculturality and problems of the contemporary world
- Methodology of intercultural communication
- Linguistic and semiotic aspects of intercultural communication
- Internship: Research activity – elaboration of the master thesis
- ALTMANN Franz-Lothar, Südosteuropa-Gesellschaft (SOG), Munchen (D)
- DASCĂLU Ileana, Facultatea de Filosofie, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- DUCHENE Alexandre, Faculté de Lettres, Université de Fribourg, Fribourg (CH)
- GHEORGHE Laurențiu, Facultatea de Filosofie, Universitatea din București, Fribourg (RO)
- MINCĂ Bogdan, Facultatea de Filosofie, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- PĂVĂLUCĂ Vasilică Mugurel, Fakultät Humanwissenschaften und Theologie, Technische Universität Dortmund, Dortmund (D)
- RUEGG François, Faculté de Lettres, Université de Fribourg, Fribourg (CH)
- RUS Remus, Facultatea de Teologie Ortodoxă, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- RYBNIKOVA Irma, Fakultät für Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Technische Universität Chemnitz, Chemnitz (D)
- STAICU Laurențiu, Facultatea de Filosofie, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- VICĂ Constantin, Facultatea de Filosofie, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- WEISSE Wolfram, Fakultät für Erziehungswissenschaft, Universität Hamburg, Hamburg (D)
- ZAHARIA Daniela, Facultatea de Istorie, Universitatea din București, București (RO)
- ZIMMERMANN Basile, Institut Confucius, Université de Genève, Genève (CH)
ADMISSION & ADMISSION CRITERIA
Admission takes place in July and September.
The call for applications is open to Romanian nationals – BA (or equivalent) graduates -, as well as nationals of EU, EEA member states, Swiss Confederation nationals and non EU-citizens.
Applicants with previous studies abroad will include a certificate acknowledging their studies abroad/degrees obtained abroad, issued by the specialized department of the Ministry of Education.
More information on when and how to apply http://unesco-chair.unibuc.ro/admission/
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
Proficiency in English is required for this MA